Quantcast

Sunday, August 5, 2012

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Give Me Sun!)

I can't tan, try as I might I stay pretty fair throughout the summer. I blame most of it on the fact that I live in NYC and a nice beach, that isn't littered with cigarette ash and broken glass, is a pretty far drive away. To make up for the lack of sunshine in my life I like to use a bronzer in my makeup routine every day in the summer.

I actually bought this MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ($29) in the shade Give Me Sun! to use as a contour for my friend's wedding. Since the shade is a lot darker than my skin it worked great as a contour for the winter but with my slightly darker skin tone I was able to use it as an all over face bronzer throughout this whole summer.


It comes in the classic black MAC packaging with the clear top. You get a lot of product, 0.35 oz to be exact, so it can last you for quite a while.


I like to use my Sigma F30 Large Powder brush to lightly dust this all over my face during the summer, when it comes to my paler seasons I like to use the Sigma F05 Small Contour to contour my face. As for the product itself I feel it looks very natural on the skin, it blends extremely well and looks as if you're not wearing any powder, but the shade is sort of orange-y. I've noticed that in certain lights it makes my face look somewhat orange and it gives off a fake-tan glow. I want my bronzer to look natural in terms of color and finish.


The shade itself is a bit too dark for my skin tone, especially in the winter, but in the summer as long as I have a decent enough tan I can pull it off. I would probably repurchase a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural but I don't think I'd repurchase this shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...