Quantcast

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me

Three midterms down, two to go. I've already gotten back my Physics midterm and I did not do well, over half the class got below a 65 and I'm included (a few people got zeroes and single digits). I'm debating whether to drop the class and retake it in the summer, I'm just afraid the medical schools won't like that I withdrew from a course! But at this rate, I don't expect anything higher than a C from this professor since he actually encouraged us to drop after giving the midterms back and refused to curve or give us extra credit. *Sigh* Such is life. No point in dwelling on the past so let's get on to today's product review!

I'm pretty sure you've all heard of the Maybelline Baby Lips ($2.99) line by now, people have been talking about it everywhere. I refused to believe the hype for the longest time, having a bad experience with tinted lip balms in the past, so I held off on purchasing one. I finally caved in not too long ago and bought one in the shade Pink Punch, and one thing led to another, and I ended up purchasing this featured shade, Cherry Me.

I've also decided to go with a new review format in this post in an attempt to make my reviews more organized.

Packaging: The packaging of the product is pretty cheap but since it's a tinted lip balm what can you expect? The product comes in a plastic twist up tube with a snap-on plastic cap. All of them come in different bright colored tubes so they're fun and convenient to carry around in your purse.


Product Quality: I was actually very surprised by the quality of the product. From past experience, tinted lip balms tended to accentuate dryness on my lips and the colors were very chalky looking. This product however, actually softens and hydrates my lips while giving it a nice sheer pop of color. As you can see from the picture below, there's a significant amount of color from just one coat of the product. It also makes my lips look glossy and hydrated.



Scent: All the lip balms in the Baby Lips line have a certain scent to them, and you can usually tell what it is by the name. For example, Pink Punch smells like fruit punch whereas this Cherry Me smells like a Cherry flavored Jolly Rancher!


Overall: I would highly recommend this to anybody interested in an affordable, low-maintenance, multi-functional lip color. How amazing does that sound!? I would definitely suggest this specific color to people who are interested in a red lip but are afraid to go full red. The color is sheer but still there, I like to say it's a "your lips but better" shade. While the packaging is cheap, the product itself makes up for that in every way. For $2.99 how could you go wrong?

4 comments:

  1. I bought this one day when I really needed some chap stick and Traci from drinkcitra uses it and mentioned it before, plus I wanted something with some color that was easy to swipe on and so I picked it up. I actually really like it and I am wearing it right now! I like the subtle cherry scent too, I don't really care about the packaging because it wasn't expensive and it's just chap stick that I will probably end up losing anyway!

    Good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks(: It's definitely one of my favorite lip products now because it's so gorgeous looking but so low maintenance at the same time. I absolutely love how it smells like a jolly rancher.

      Delete
  2. Awesome review! I am in love with these Baby Lips and my sister got me into trying Cherry Me. I'm not a red lip kind of girl, but this has gradually got me into it and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm totally Baby Lips crazed now, they've come out with these new duos with new shades and I'm dying to get my hands on them.

      Delete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...