Quantcast

Monday, October 29, 2012

Review: NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny

I hope everyone on the East Coast is safe, dry, and staying indoors. I've been stuck inside all day today because of Hurricane Sandy but I've been using this time to sort through my Summer/Spring clothes and take out my Fall/Winter ones. There have been reports on the news that my power might go out at any second so I better move straight on to this post before I get cut off.

This NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny ($2.99) has been a drugstore favorite for a while in the beauty community but I never got around to trying it out until now. I'm not a huge fan of drugstore makeup but I'm slowly being converted by all these amazing new products I've found, such as this bronzer and the L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara.


Packaging: It's $2.99 and from the drugstore so what can you really expect. The packaging is extremely cheap, coming in a flimsy plastic compact. There's a mirror on the inside and it came with a little pouf for application but I threw it out because it was practically useless.


Quality: Once again, since it was only $2.99, I didn't expect much but this bronzer seriously surprised me; I can see why so many people are raving about it. The shade is perfect for lighter skin tones, adding a hint of warmth to your skin. You also get a lot of product and I can see this bronzer lasting me for quite a while. I'd also say it's comparable to Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, which is $28!


Application: I like to apply this all over my face using a Sigma F30 and it applies easily and evenly. But be careful not to apply too much because it can make you look sunburnt or rub off on your clothes!

Longevity: It stays put for most of the day but it does start to fade towards the end of it.


Overall: This product is amazing for its price and I can definitely see why people love this product. I would recommend this to people with lighter skin tones because it's just a hint of warmth. But definitely be careful when you apply it because if you apply too much you can end up looking burnt. This hasn't become my favorite bronzer yet, at the moment it's Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, but it's getting there!

7 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this because I have pretty fair skin! The price makes it even more tempting :) Thanks for the review!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, it's definitely worth it for the price(:

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've always heard such amazing things about this bronzer. You can't beat that price!
    I hope you're staying warm and dry over there! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is great and the product is even better.
      Unfortunately my area is blacked out at the moment but I'm staying at my boyfriend's where there's electricity. Hopefully I get some posts up soon!(:

      Delete
  3. I was just thinking of you and I'm glad to hear you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! My area is blacked out but I'm staying at my boyfriend's until my power gets restored. I'm just grateful my whole family has stayed safe and dry during the hurricane.

      Delete
  4. I just got this product, but I haven't had a chance to use it much... Thanks for the review! I know what to look out for now! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...