Quantcast

Friday, October 4, 2013

Review: Boots Essentials Eye Make-Up Remover Gel


One of the first things I did when I moved into my dorm a little over 2 weeks ago was take a trip to Westfield Stratford Center to pick up toiletries that I either couldn't, or had forgotten, to bring with me from home. My first stop was Boots, which I suppose could be compared to an Ulta back home in the States. Suffering from jet lag and a lack of sleep, I didn't want to think too much about what I was buying so I grabbed things on a whim.

One of those things was this Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Make-Up Remover Gel (£1.50). I'd heard decent things about Boots' brand of skincare and couldn't be bothered to scour the aisles for a different one so I dropped it in my basket and headed for the checkout line. In hindsight, I probably should've looked a little harder for a better makeup remover because I really wish I didn't buy this one.

Straight off the bat, the product looks like complete rubbish. The packaging is cheap and totally generic. It comes in a cheap plastic bottle with nothing but the name of the product printed on the front. I really should've been more judgmental of this product, because if I had I never would've picked it up.

The product itself is as much crap as the packaging is. It's a thick gooey gel formula that you pretty much smoosh onto your eyes with a cotton round to attempt to take your makeup off. With the first swipe you end up with panda eyes and with every swipe after that you slowly start to remove your makeup. I find that I have to use a lot of product and sometimes go in a second time with another cotton pad or makeup removing towelette in order to really get off all my makeup.

Needless to say, this is a terrible product that hopefully I can return. If any of my readers knows the Boots in-store return policy, please let me know what it is because I feel like I just wasted £1.50.


Bloglovin' | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

1 comment:

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...