Quantcast

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Review: Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream


I mentioned in my monthly wish list for July that I planned on purchasing this Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream ($70) to help with the incredibly dry skin around my eyes. Immediately after I wrote that post I placed an order for the eye cream through Barneys New York. It arrived a few days later in the mail and I immediately put it to use.

I had used the Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream in the past but refrained from buying it due to the high price tag. However, since I hadn't found anything better since then and my skin was getting worse, I figured it was time to go back to what's tried and true.


A few months ago the outer corners of my eyes started to develop eczema and I was prescribed a steroid cream by a dermatologist. While the cream helped, the dermatologist told me I should stop using it after a few weeks and to substitute with Aquaphor. However, every time I switched to using Aquaphor the eczema would come back and I'd have to using the steroid cream all over again.

When I started using the Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream my skin got much better. I quickly saw a huge improvement, the skin around my eyes was no longer red and the dryness began to go away. In order to apply I like to use my ring finger to lightly tap the product around my eyes, focusing on the outer corners. Although you only get .05 oz of product, you only need the tiniest amount to cover the eye area; my previous jar lasted me about a year.


As you can see from the swatch above, the consistency of the cream is not too thick. While it's incredibly rich with moisture the cream is quickly absorbed into the skin, instantly hydrating and smoothing the skin around the eyes. I prefer to apply a thick layer at night and a thin layer in the morning. The cream can be used under makeup and actually works as a very nice base for concealer/corrector.

I'd highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an intensely hydrating eye cream. If you suffer from chronically dry and sensitive skin around your eyes like I do, I'd encourage you to stop by your nearest Bobbi Brown counter to get a sample and see if it works for you. I'm very willing to disregard the $70 price tag if it works to soothe my dry skin and prevents me from having to resort to the steroid cream again.


Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...